Sunday, February 19, 2012

Clover Chain

It takes about 8 to 10 minutes to make each clover.  I have 13 clovers. 

Clover Chain

I am happy with the way this turned out.  The thread is only visible under a magnifier.

Clover Chain up close

 It lies nicely. 

(Thank goodness for grammar check.  My Mom has tried to teach me the rule for lay, lie, laid but it just does not stick.)

It did take quite a few hours to string the chain together.  In order to minimize the thread and have the bead butt up against the coral bead I needed to employ a two needle technique.  One needle just did not work.

Most of the Coral and Clover chain
Next I need to work on chain two for the turquoise slab necklace. 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thread showing in pictures that is invisible in person drives me crazy too! That coral is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KJ - I'm not sure if my 1st comment went through as I was not signed in to my blogger account.
    Just wanted to tell you how lovely your clover and coral necklace is and that I thought it would have made a beautiful Valentine's Day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lois, I think I am my harshest critic.

    Almost Precious, this will be one strand of three on my turquoise slab necklace. Now I have to come up with a design for the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is simply gorgeous! Love the design ans colors! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kristen and Helmitarha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing. I had to turn off anonymous comments because spam was being posted.